Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Getting Old Booze Meter

When I was in college, I was a beer guy. Lots of beers...and the occasional shot. Goldschlager, Black Haus, Soco and limes and the occasional 100 proof Turkey (only late at night). In the years after college, polished 5 or 6 beers was child's play. In the past few years though, I've gone through a weird transition. I might have 3 beers a month now. It's strange. I don't crave it at all. It's almost work to stack beers, unless I'm really in the mood. Instead, my palette has completely changed. Things like whisky, which were previously verboten in my booze regimen, are now the drinks of choice. I am a single malt scotch mad man. I will have a dram once or twice on a weekend and I am as happy as a pig in shit. It's all I crave. I appreciate the craftsmanship. The flavor. The experience of smelling, swirling, sniffing. Damn, I'm getting old.

No comments: